Thursday, February 22, 2007

An Untimely Passing . . . I'm truly sorry, HLC.

On a sad note, HLC's carpet shampooer has shampooed its last rug. I'm not sure how it happened or when, but it passed away sometime over the last week. I knew I shouldn't have pushed it so hard, and I never even got a chance to tell it how much I loved it or appreciated it or how proud I was of all it did for my carpets.

Seriously, though, it is a total bummer. HLC, I offer you my heartfelt apology on my anonymous blog, as I did earlier non-anonymously over the phone.

Because of the kind of person I am, and by that I mean the kind of person that breaks things, I promised before I even took possession to replace it if it broke. Know your limitations, people. So, at least there are no hard feelings over 'the incident.' I'll be sending HLC a replacement shortly after I return from Hell-waii. You don't want to do it too soon, grief has to run its course.

As an upside, though, it's going to be twins! I've decided I can't live without the carpet cleaner, either, and I'm obviously not allowed to borrow anything else from HLC, so it's a wise investment. Even if I were allowed to borrow it, I'd probably end up breaking and replacing that one, too, so I'd end buying two in the end, anyway. It's a mathematical certainty.

So long, Hoover Steam Vac, we hardly knew ye.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All is forgiven, but I do appreciate FTO replacing the carpet cleaner! I also love that thing.

Anonymous said...

Uh, the name of the blog is FTO. I'm Sour Girl. Don't confuse the names, it'll ruin my trademarks. Kleenex, Xerox, Refrigerator, Tivo, Sour Girl, Fatther than Oprah...

Anonymous said...

And thanks for your forgiveness. I hope the obituary was to your liking...

Anonymous said...

I like FTO better

Anonymous said...

You just want me to be like you, with three initials and all. Come on, I can only copy you so many times. I mean, I've already converted HLC to Spanish to show my admiration for you, what more do you want?

SG1

Anonymous said...

You're law talkin' gals: If I borrow the borrowed steam vac and then break it, do I need to replace it? Or does the borrower need to replace it? Cause I need a steam vac in the worst way.