Thursday, February 22, 2007

1128

That's the minimum number of people my sister invited to the wedding. She sent out 564 invitations, and each invitation includes a minimum of two people. Some include five. I'm pretty sure that's more people than my graduating class at college. Or close to it.

And, that doesn't include the people that will come after the "dance open to everyone" announcement is published in the local newspaper. You wouldn't think that draws people, but I'd count on at least a hundred extras showing up to stand in my way and prevent me from getting a beer. HLC and Deb, we'll be tailgating. My sister's fiance is inviting other people, too, randomly when he runs into them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so let's assume the festivities cost $20 a head (which isn't out of range with all the costs figured in). That's about a $23,000 wedding. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Which would have otherwise been used as a downpayment for a house, and they still would have had a destination wedding paid for. What a waste...

Anonymous said...

Dude. I'm so there. What small town do I need to get to and not dress up for to see you there? And, $23,0000000000?? I'd so take the money and ditch the groom. He's fug.