Sunday, February 11, 2007

Deadwood

Made me Dead Tired. The annual Mardi Gras bash was held where Wild Bill Hickock gasped his last breath. About 21 of us headed on over for the two-day soiree. I have to say it was pretty fabulous, in part because of the above-freezing weather. It was probably about 20 degrees at night which, for us, meant no-jacket weather. Woo-hoo! By the way, I realize Fat Tuesday isn't for another 1.5 weeks, and I'm not entirely sure why it was this weekend.

Deb got a kiss from Captain Morgan, or his older brother, anyway. I got a kiss from a **ugh** soldier. Then, I got propositioned for sex while playing 3-card poker in my pajamas after far too much gin and not enough juice (or food). I not-so-politely declined the offer from the 23 year old man boy. I have no idea how much money I lost playing 3-card poker that night, nor did I have any idea how to play. I sat down at the table because I thought it was blackjack. Nope. Some nice guy from, of course, Kansas helped me out. He was a shitty card player. Needless to say, I won no money. I then managed to piss away some more money playing blackjack and slots.

Our hotel rooms were awesome. Like, third-world awesome. The two-bed rooms were equipeed with a single bed and a full-size bed (labeled as a "queen"). Deb and I could peek into HLC's bathroom, and vice versa, through a vent. We could also hear the dinging from slot machines on the floor below. I apparently slept through a sex session at about 8 a.m. from another room (HLC and her boyfriend, Jerry Bartz, swear it wasn't them). The boys stayed in a hotel across the street and, for an extra $20, they had chocolates on their pillows, turndown service, slippers and robes, and plasma tvs. I hate them.

And, finally, to make it a true sour girl weekend, I fell. Todd and I were dancing and, according to him, I tripped over a bar stool at the edge of the floor. According to me, he flung me into the band's sound board. As my mom would say, "it's a horse apiece." Actually, I have no idea if that's what she'd say because I don't know when it's appropriate to apply. It's like, "begging the question." I'm never sure when that applies. In any event, I was "awesome." Deb was awesome, too.

Overall, I'd give Deadwood 14 out of 15 paws. Next year, when I'm enjoying my turn-down service, I'll likely give it 15 out of 15 paws.

No comments: