Monday, February 19, 2007

Sour Girl Does Dishes, a new episode of "Urban Legends Debunked"

Yes, I washed my dishes. So many, in fact, that I filled and emptied my dish drainer at least four times. And I didn't even stow away any cookies sheets in the oven for later. There was only one casualty this time: a corningwear dish. I tried HLC's tried and true method of simply freezing the moldy food before emptying and washing. However, this stuff wouldn't budge. I used the (dirty) pie-wedge spoon thing to pry some of that shit loose and only managed to shoot a chunk of it into my eye.

I took a smoke break, called HLC and explained my situation. HLC then gave me permission to toss the corningwear dish. Even after I explained that I'm on my like fifth one. It was OK, she assured me. After all, it's not like I wanted to be around when that nasty shit thawed. Plus, I'd already almost thrown up in the sink once today. And once is enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude - take $50 a month and have someone come in and do your dishes once every couple of weeks. You'll probably save money in the long run when you don't have to buy any more corningwear dishes. - just a thought. - M.O.M.

Sour Girl said...

I often fantasize about a housekeeper. In fact, my desire for a housekeeper is stronger than my desire for a boyfriend.