Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Thirteen Hours

until my oral argument. I just finished preparing, as best I could, anyway. My boss didn't seem to think that I'd get a bye if I "accidentally" broke a leg. He did, however, offer me this sage advice: "The reed may bend but it will not break, Young Grasshopper." That's funny.

In contrast, Fuck-Face would have said, "you're fired." Or, "I steal your diet coke." Or, "you're fired." Or, "you forgot a filing fee that didnt' affect the case at all so I'm going to pull you out of a meeting with new clients to scream at you in the lobby in front of other clients and the staff and reduce you to tears." Or, "this firm is failing financially because you've been hear for 5 weeks and you aren't bringing in enough money and I have at least 10 more years of legal experience than you do, as does the other partner and I set the price on all your cases." Or, again, "you're fired."

Enough reminiscing. I've got a suit to dryell and an ambien or two to pop before my live ammunition test in the a.m. with the boss.

No comments: