Tuesday, November 28, 2006

An excerpt

So, my friend Shanographer was dropped by my apartment this morning, as he rode into town (yup, I said town) with his wife, Bamboo, early this a.m. and didn't have anything better to do while it was still dark outside. As you may know, I sleep harder than a corpse, and he used my Bamboo's key to let himself in, so I didn't wake up when he arrived. Here's his blog posting (edited for time and content. Also edited to fit your TV Screen) of his experience in my apartment this a.m.

"So I arrive at my destination and I am immediately greeted by Oscar, aka Disco Steve. Esme was lurking but didn't want any part of all this. As I type, Disco Steve is lying on the ottoman staring at me with gazing eyes. So anyway as I am petting this furry tripod (for all that don't know, he only has three legs, he lost his left front leg in a mean alley in the twin citieswhen the whiskey was good and the dames were cheap) he starts, as Sour Girl & Bamboo say, to become 'over-stimulated' Our relationship went from casual petting to an onslaught of love and affection. He began to boar me with his head while flopping and rolling around on me like I was laced with the finest columbian nip around. I began to fear for my life from the horror stories I have heard about what this cat was capable of. I stayed cool though, cat's can smell fear, and I wasn't about to let him know I was weak, and then it happened...

What, what is that? That noise? Is it showtunes? A cabaret? Some sort of alarm clock that continues to fall upon deaf ears, and then another. Loud with its classic alarm clock toll. Seven, eight, nine, ten minutes elapse while these sounds intertwined with each other assault my eardrums. I realize now, that I am actually scared for this woman's safety. It would be quite easy for someone to blast down her front door with c4 and loot the joint, maybe have some dinner and a glass of wine, play tag with the kitties for a little while, even do a river dance or two (because the intruders are obviously Russian) and no one would be the wiser. I think for Christmas I am going to buy her a Louisville slugger."

The full story can be seen on Shanographer's blog, http://www.focaldeviant.blogspot.com/

If you go to his blog, you can also link up to some of his fab photographs at his website and deviant art.

1 comment:

Focal Deviant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.