Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Incoming!" (blast!!!!) (screams) "Oh the humanity!"

I am now being attacked on all fronts. I was pulled into a meeting with the brass at the local M this afternoon. Indeed, it was my second intervention this week. The message: I need to spend more time in the office. Why? Because the staff is complaining to Corporate in Fargo. The staff. Yes, the staff. They tattle on me on a regular basis. They do not like that I spend time out of the office for things like court and client visits that are in other cities (as a result of my job change, some cases remain lingering in the Magic City).

I think it reached critical mass two days ago when I had to leave the office early to exercise my professional responsibility. I didn't feel it was appropriate, and, really, not ethical to tell them where I was going or why I was leaving, so I just said goodbye and scuttled out the door.

Corporate already hates me, so this is perfect. The local brass does not want it to escalate to a showdown with Corporate. They weren't upset, just very matter of fact. I am behind the eight-ball and I need to watch my step. Am I ever not behind the eight-ball?

5 comments:

Tanya said...

That completely sucks. Don't they get the fact that you might have to actually drive to meet with your clients?? Or attend court cases/hearings out of town?

I didn't realize tattling is the new way to move up on the corporate ladder.

Sour Girl said...

It's not. There is no ladder for them. It's just an indication that they aren't busy enough.

Anonymous said...

From experiance, keep a good calendar (I'm sure you probably already have to) so when the $%!# hits the fan you can account for all their questions and you can embarass the hell out of them since you are actually billing hrs while you're not sitting behind your desk. What F'n losers.

Tanya said...

Just checking in to see how things are going. Haven't talked to you in awhile.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.