Sunday, March 25, 2007

Updates: A Montage

1. Hell-waii was Hella Fun. Very few arguments, lots of sun, sand and ocean. Had a long trip back involving an emergency landing in Honolulu overnight and, in an unrelated note, a trip to the emergency room after arriving home. Swollen legs + paranoia = 8 hours with the Magic City's finest [sic] ER staff. No blood clot, just a firmer conviction that I will never have any major medical treatment here, if I can help it.

2. My dad caught me smoking on the beach. I was on the phone (which is what you do when on vacation in paradise), so there was no immediate discussion. I awaited the after-school special moment where we discussed how it was bad and I needed to quit. It never came, although he told me mom. She pretended to be shocked. Traitor.

3. Used the new carpet shampooer today. I love it more than the first one (since I don't go through a gallon of water every 20 minutes and spend 30 vacuuming it out of the carpets).

4. I got an arson case. Light it up!

5. Kansas lost today in the Elite Eight. Sigh. There's always next year.

6. The Sheriff has been deleted from my phone. Again.

7. Later spoke to the ex (who was with his girlfriend when I called in the middle of the night. see "Mortified" post.) Not only was he with his girlfriend, that he neglected to tell me existed, he was staying with her at a posh hotel that SHE rented for them for the night, AFTER she took him to a play and an expensive Japanese steakhouse. It was a new girlfriend, so I'm assuming she'd put out the cash to make the night "special." Me, I rented a movie and he busted a sweater out of the back of his closet (so as to fit into my "professional" world). I admonished him on her behalf since, if she was so into him that she paid $200 to get laid, she likely didn't do it. He now knows to never, under any circumstances, call an ex back at 2 a.m. after being wined and dined by a new girlfriend, while laying in bed with her. Ugh, what a pig. Actually, he's just clueless. I mean, it's not like I was going to put out for him.

8. Good book: 19 Minutes. About a fictitious school shooting, ala Columbine.

9. Huxley hasn't had any accidents since before Hell-waii. Although, unfortunately, he now prefers the puppy pads to the Great Outdoors. And, even though it was dark, I'm pretty sure that it was hardened poop that I pried from his mouth the last two nights in a row. I wanted him to pee outside. He apparently wanted a midnight snack.

10. How many scandals can one president have before the word "scandal" loses all meaning? I guess, if you're going to fuck up, do it alot so it's not even newsworthy anymore.

No comments: