Friday, March 2, 2007

Fuck...

It's almost 11 p.m., I haven't started packing, the place is a mess, and I'm tired. I have to be at the airport at 4 a.m.-ish.

I took some time out of my day to get a pedicure, using the gift certificate my sister gave me for christmas. So, I anticipated I'd be gone for an hour. Nope. TWO AND A HALF HOURS. And I didn't even get a foot/leg massage. What took so long? I'm not really sure, except it took her at lesat 20 minutes to paint the nails because she "slopped it on" as she put it, and then cleaned it off with a really sharp stick. It wasn't relaxing, especially when I realized I was going to miss a phone conference with a client. Fuck.

Then, I had to take Hux to the kennel on icy roads 15 miles north of town. That turned out to be another hour. I finally left work at 8:50 p.m., just in time to swing by the pharmacy to pick up my dollies.

I'm on my 2nd load of laundry, and I have one more to go. Luckily, I think I know where everything else is. I just have to get it in the suitcase, track down about 4 pairs of shoes, clean the litter box, take out the trash and water the close to dead plants. And, I have no idea how I'm getting to the airport. It's really only like 6 blocks away, so I could walk. But, I don't want to treck across the four lane highway at 4 a.m., nor do I want to trudge through our foot of snow. I had to use my four-wheel drive to get out of my alley and even go up and down my street. Awesome. I cannot WAIT to get the hell out of here.

The cats are very excited that the doggie isn't here. They'll be super-bummed when he comes home in 10 days.

If I don't talk to you before I leave, Aloha. I'm gone until the 11th, but that'll be longer if I'm not able to bond out after I'm arrested for assault.

No comments: