Saturday, March 3, 2007

Mortified

So, I have 5 hours to kill this morning at the airport in Minneapolis, so I'm placing late-night calls to see if anyone wants to go to breakfast at 6:30 a.m. The Sheriff: No answer. Bob: No answer. Orion: too late to call. The plumber: Answered. He sounded funny, so I casually asked him what he was up to. He told me he was with his girlfriend. So, I said, "well, I have a long layover and wanted to see if you wanted to have breakfast but you'll probably be busy so it's ok" and then didn't really give him a chance to answer and got off the phone quickly.

That was not mentioned in the "you were the best girlfriend I've ever had" conversation yesterday, despite my sharing with him that I'd originally planned to have drinks with the Sheriff but he hadn't gotten back to me so I could probably swing drinks with the plumber during my 8-hour layover. I explained the history of me and the Sheriff. Perfect time for him to jump in with the fact that he has a girlfriend. What the fuck???

No comments: