Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Merry Maids

So, I just spent the last 13 hours cleaning and unpacking. Yes, unpacking. After seven months, I decided I'd probably stay for awhile. OK, that's not really the reason. I'm getting ready for young Aldous Huxley. And, as part of his welcome, I've cleaned out my spare bedroom as a retreat for my cats. I've also washed every rug and every towel, in addition to every piece of clothing not in a box designated a smaller size than I'm currently wearing. Despite all of this, the dishes remain piled in the sink. I just couldn't bring myself to do them. The cats have adjusted well to the new space, after a little fuss about the new baby gate. They thought they were trapped in the room by the 3 foot high enclosure. Estella Claire actually tried to pull herself over the gate. I broke out the wet food and, without thinking, she flew over the gate. The others soon followed and everyone was happy. The cat tree has reappeared, as well, albeit slightly modified due to some missing hardware.

It remains a deep freeze here. It's at least -10F right now. However, I've adjusted to it to the point of running outside in a sweatshirt and sweatpants to take out the trash. I still wish it was a good 20 degrees warmer. Is that too much to ask?

Das ist alles. Guten Nacht.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come to Madison. It's 20 degrees warmer here. Ok, that is the last you will here about it. -M.O.M.

Anonymous said...

I ment hear about it. -M.O.M.