Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fender-Bender-Bender Status Report

Well, the muscle relaxers are ridiculous. I asked Dr. Bones if she'd perform an exam to evaluate my car accident issues before the needle attack. She obliged, and performed the same exam as last week (pre-accident). It's amazing how different it was than last week. I'm more f-ed up than I thought. She did some adjustments, and deduced that both my lowest vertebrae and public bone were out of place. It was a little weird to get undressed in a chiropractor's office, but.... OK, I'm only kidding.

My back pain has been pretty constant since the night of the accident. It's in my middle and lower back, radiating out into my entire back and up to my shoulder blades and tops of shoulders by the neck. It also hurts to sit, stand and walk. I have some abnormal ankle swelling (in my good ankle, and didn't even wear heels today.
I certainly will not be going to the gym anytime soon. Which sucks because I'll probably have to become bulimic to look sassy at HLC's wedding. As long as I keep getting percocet, I should have my wish come true.

I have to admit that I felt better once I walk ed out of Dr. Bone's office. However, that was fleeting since it hurts everywhere again. who knew?

Best part is that I get massages covered by insurance. I've been jonesing for a massage since Friday to help my back, but didn't want to pay for it.

OK, I'm a mess. that's the bottom line. I took a percocet and, instead of throwing up, I spewed words into my abandoned blog.

Carey

No comments: