Monday, December 3, 2007

Smelly Squash: August Rush

I've decided to start a movie review. HLC and I saw August Rush tonight. As a backdrop, I'd like to thanks HLC's boyfriend, Jerry Bartz, for the free movie tickets.

However, this was a truly awful movie. Keri Russel was great, as she always is, and I'm not even a Felicity fan. However, the kid, with his sensory perception disorder (it's the new adhd, according to msnbc.com), isn't cute, and his prodigality (?) is truly unbelievable. The worst part of the movie, however, was the lead male role, played by Jonathan Rhys Meyers. He's pretty to look at, but, unfortunately, you can't turn down the volume at the movie theater. Dreadful is the only way to describe his performance. He plays an Irish musician. And, despite the fact that he is from Ireland, he seemed unconvincing as being Irish, in comparison with the other Irish actors. I don't know what it was. Maybe he just shouldn't speak.

The only funny part of the evening: HLC and I had to fill out surveys reviewing the movie. When I referred to Mr. Meyers, I wrote his name as, "Trevor Rhys Jones" a/k/a Princess Diana's bodyguard and sole survivor of the Paris car crash.

Overall, I give this flick 1 out of 15 paws.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't that bad. Sour girl left to smoke and missed some of the movie. How many days left again? Anyway, the beginning sucked and was slow, and the main male actor wasn't great. But, it was entertaining, and really, that's enough. Plus, I thought the kid was a great actor.