Friday, November 2, 2007

I'm Baaa'aaack.

That's right, hockey fans, I'm back. I haven't blogged since the summer, but, frankly, I had more important shit to deal with. And I started a myspace page.

I'm now in the Capital City. Or is it Capitol City? Irregardless, I'm in a new city [sic], with a new job (that would be Job #5 in precisely 4 years and 2 months), new business cards, and a new pad. I traded up, without a doubt.

However, it wasn't without some hesitation. Yes, I did the noble thing and eased on down the high road. But, I miss my old firm. I miss wearing my socks around the office. I miss taking my dog to work. I miss coming in at 10:30 a.m. I miss using the f-word with my boss. I miss yelling from my office to the secretary to tell her a funny joke. I miss the intimacy, I guess. I mean, it was my most successful relationship to date. 16 months, with only three of those months being bad? That's history-making stuff.

Oh, well, no regrets, I guess. It needed to be done. And, now I can say I've quit a job, in addition to being laid off and fired. I'm not saying the worst has happened, but unless my new firm is involved with the mafia, I'm probably going to be ok.

So, with that behind me, I'm looking back at settling into life. Which includes getting back down to my fighting weight. I'm hoping to actually have a relationship by my 30th birthday. OK, that's not true. I'm hoping to be thinner and have longer hair by my birthday. And be ready to quit smoking. If there's a relationship between now and then, it's a bonus. It's rare that I'm lonely, but it does happen. It's been at least 4 years since I was gut-wrenchingly attached to someone, it's probably time to get back on that horse, put another dog in that fight, toss my hat into the ring, or whatever cliche fits.

So, my goal is to drop 50 pounds by my birthday. I won't be thin. I'll be high school fat. Or, summer of sin fat (I think, I was opposed to scales then). But that's better than Magic City fat.

I also have a work-out buddy, Deva. Deva and I are on a mission together, which is better than flying solo. We'll see what happens.

My mom is still trying to encourage me to go back to LA Weightloss. I'm not sure I can bring myself to do it.

Anyway, I hope all of you have been well in my absence (OK, I've talked to most of you in the meantime).

Later, Skater.

7 comments:

newmomdawn said...

I'm so glad to see you're back. I've missed you. :(

Anonymous said...

:) Thanks

Tanya said...

Glad to see your back. We HAVE GOT to get together sometime!! I feel so guilty because we haven't seen each other since you moved.

Anonymous said...

"And be ready to quit smoking." Hold up a minute, be ready to quit? I thought you WERE quitting.

Sour Girl said...

Dude, the first sign that I'm not quitting will be removal of the last cigarette countdown. And I'm writing this with a lit cigarette hanging out of my mouth right now.

Anonymous said...

Deva was known previously as Locks, Goldi and will forthwith be known as Tiki. And not the Barber variety, altho he's hella hot. I'm the glass variety of Tiki.

2 things I'd like to mention about Sour coming into town is that yes - we are going to be work out buddies - starting Tuesday for me and second - my smoking has ramped up exponentially since she moved to town. I smoked in my car on my way home last nite - haven't done that in 2 years. So, when you say you'll be "ready" to quit - I'll slap the living crap outta you if you don't quit.

Sour Girl said...

Mission accepted.