Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Go-Gos

"Vacation
All I ever wanted
Vacation
Had to get away
Vacation
Meant to be spent alone"

Seriously need a vacation. I used to think of that song as my theme song in law school. At least when we were at the Red Lyon because it was in the jukebox and I played it everytime we went there. Along with Raspberry Beret.

At the Jet Lag I always played Bittersweet by Big Head Todd (OK, I played that at every bar that had it, including Louise's) and Tangerine by Led Zepplin.

Then, at the Ranch I always requested "Just what I do" by Trick Pony and
sometimes "I love a rainy night" by Eddie Rabbit.

And, at the Sandbar, I always played "dancing queen," "east bound and down", "Brown Eyed Girl, "car wash," "son of a preacher man" and sometimes "Waterloo" and "Brand New Key". If it was a bad night, i'd play "knowing me, knowing you." And, above the jukebox, there's a crazy picture of Jimmy Buffet that I mistakenly took for Scott Bakula (yes, of Quantum Leap fame) one night.

And, that concludes my jukebox bar tour of Lawrence, Kansas.

1 comment:

newmomdawn said...

You're still Dancing Queen on my cell phone. :)